GIFTS AND DONATIONS
We invite you to invest in the Hermitage Artist Retreat! Your tax-deductible contribution will support a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit corporation that delivers outstanding benefits to the quality of life in our region, state, and nation every day.
At our Manasota Key campus, the Hermitage nurtures creativity, preserves Florida history, protects native ecology, and serves our Gulf Coast Community. We are financially sound, debt-free, and are growing endowments to ensure that our campus is preserved and our creative programming flourishes.
The return on investments in the Hermitage has been truly remarkable. Work created at the Hermitage is exhibited and performed throughout the country and the world. As examples:
- The opera Gogol by Lera Auerbach was produced in Vienna.
- The New York Metropolitan Opera produced the opera Two Boys by Nico Muhly and Craig Lucas.
- The Greenfield Prize-commissioned installation, Codex by Sanford Biggers, premiered at the Ringling Museum before traveling to other galleries and museums.
- The double violin concerto, Prince of Clouds, by Chicago Symphony Orchestra resident composer Anna Clyne, has been performed in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
With your investment, all Hermitage artists share their time and talents here in our community:
- Poets, playwrights, and composers present free programs on our Manasota Key beach and at area libraries, bookstores, and the Historic Asolo Theater.
- Master teaching artists invited by Barbara Shepherd of the John F. Kennedy Center come to the Hermitage and work with local teachers and students at no cost to the schools.
- Each summer, five Florida teachers of creative writing, visual art, music, and theater win Hermitage residencies to nourish their own creativity in our STAR (State Teacher/Artist Residency) Program.
We hope you will consider investing in the Hermitage as we work to bring world-class artists of all disciplines to our "Old Florida" campus, and to share them with our Gulf Coast communities. Gifts at all levels are considered expressions of support for our mission and are most gratefully appreciated.
If you are contemplating a gift of any size, please contact Bruce Rodgers, Executive Director, or Linda Mansperger, Development Director at 941.475.2098. OR CLICK HERE NOW!
ARTIST RESIDENCY SPONSORSHIPS
While colleges and universities have named "chairs" in different fields, the Hermitage has Artist Residency sponsorships. These funds support the costs associated with the six weeks that a specific artist is at the Hermitage, and the sponsor enjoys special opportunities to interact with the artist of their choice.
For example, it's possible that John Q. Public could have the "John and Jane Q. Public Residency in Painting" and be paired with one of the talented visual artists who are invited to the Hermitage. This is also a wonderful way to honor loved ones who had a passion for music, or visual art, or who were avid readers.
Artist Residency sponsorships begin at $5,000 and may be shared between two entities. For example, two families may contribute $2,500 each for a shared residency. Naming would be hyphenated, such as "The Smith-Jones Residency in Composition."
In return for this contribution, donors will receive:
- Sponsor's name will be recognized with all publicity and public activity associated with the residency artist.
- Private interaction for sponsor and guest with the artist, ideally a beach dinner.
- A framed photograph of the donor and artist if possible.
- A prominent listing in our season program which is used for all public community interactions.
- Listing in our E-Newsletter and on our website as an Artist Residency Sponsor.
The Palm Circle is comprised of donors who give more than $2,500 to the Hermitage during the calendar year. You can join the Palm Circle by contributing to the Annual Fund, sponsoring an event, making a special contribution, or through a combination of gifts. People can join the Palm Circle at any time during the year. All Palm Circle supporters will be listed in a Hermitage E-Newsletter and on the Hermitage Website. Plus, Palm Circle donors will have the first opportunity to sign up for exclusive Hermitage trips. Coming in May 2015 is a trip to Chicago!
Palm Circle members receive invitations to special events celebrating the work of Hermitage Artists. Plans for 2014-2015 include:
October 16-18 - Reception for Vijay Iyer Trio (Ringling Museum concert) Date to be determined
December – Greenfield Prize Announcement Party Date to be determined
January 29 – Evan Ziporian, Historic Asolo Program
April 16 - Trenton Doyle Hancock Premiere – Ringling Museum
HERMITAGE NAMING OPPORTUNITIES
When you visit the Hermitage for one of our "Open Studios" or "Beach Readings" events, you will notice the names of generous individuals on plaques throughout the historic site. These donors supported the restoration and maintenance of our "Old Florida" architecture.
While many rooms have already been "named," there are still many other attractive opportunities available. These include affordable planks in our deck, doors, windows, rooms, and even buildings. For a complete list, download our Naming Opportunities PDF. Help us build our reserve. Call the Hermitage office at 941.475.2098 to arrange a special tour if you wish to explore this further.